Thursday, November 17, 2016

EOC Week 5: Why this is important to me

Why this is important to me

8 Things They Don’t Tell You When Becoming A Web Designer https://surefirewebservices.com/8-things-they-dont-tell-you-when-becoming-a-web-designer/ via @surefirewebserv

This was my second Tweet. Why was this important to me? One thing my military career taught me was that life is never what it seems. There is always someone trying to screw you over so they can make themselves look better and get that next rank. This article was a real-life depiction of what a person can expect in my career field. I always appreciate it when a straight shooter tells me I have messed up or did well on something, and I wouldn’t expect a client to hold their tongue to save my feelings or ego. Anyone that cannot take criticism will never make it far in life.


This was tweet number 11. Why was this important to me? Well, when I was thinking long and hard on what I wanted to go back to school for, nothing came to mind. I knew I wanted to find a career that I would enjoy doing day in and day out. I had this terrible habit of not being able to shut my brain off when I am out doing things or even trying to relax. There never seems to be enough hours in the day to accomplish everything. When you put me in front on my TV, however, with a game controller in my hand, my mind shuts off and no longer worries about anything other than how to kill the boss on this level or figuring out the puzzle in this scene to progress in the game. That’s what made me decide that I wanted to do that for a living. Having a degree for it will also open doors that were otherwise unavailable before.

“The Future Is Near: 13 Design Predictions for 2017” by @ChaseBuckleyUX https://medium.com/digital-age/the-future-is-near-13-design-predictions-for-2017-654761f12c45#.pqgyaxxz6


This is my 26th post. There is a lot of good information that may or may not make a difference in my future career. It is always nice to be up on current trends and be informed in order to best suit your client’s needs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment