Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great customer service

A great customer service experience I had was actually a little over a year ago. My wife and I had just sold our house in West Valley, UT in order to relocate down to here for her newly acquired job. We had made a trip down here previously in order to find an apartment for us to stay in, and luckily for us my sister works for company as a property manager in Arizona. The company she works for also owns and operates some properties here in Vegas, and with neither wife nor I having lived down here before, we had no idea where to start looking. My sister was able to give us a couple of suggestions on where to start looking. When we finally decided on a place, it wasn’t going to be available for a month. Well, it turned out another apartment became available a week after we first moved down here. We were staying at my wife’s step-mom’s house out near Lake Mead, and while we were grateful for a place to lay our heads, it was mid- August when we made the move down here. Being as the place we were staying in didn’t have running water and very little air conditioning, when given the opportunity to move in sooner than expected, we quickly jumped at the chance. There was some paper work required that we got filled out and turned in, and a deposit was required the day we got the keys. When the day finally came to move in I had my dad in town helping me load up our furniture and bring it to our new place from the house at Lake Mead. It took us longer than expected to pack everything up and were running late.  Not only that, we had issues with the trailer we were pulling and lost a vital piece mid-haul. By the time we were able to get ourselves to the property the office would be closed and, seeing that it was a Friday, wouldn’t be open again until late the following morning. The assistant Manager worked with me in arranging to have the keys waiting for me, and met my wife—who rushed home from work early—in order to allow us to move in.  He was not only kind enough to allow us to have the keys while the office was technically closed, he also arranged for us to begin moving in so we had a place to sleep that night though he didn’t yet have our security deposit. I had the check book, and was still 30 minutes away. This assistant manager didn’t have to help us. In fact, he could have lost his job if we had turned out to be dishonest people, but his willingness to do so is exactly why it wasn’t just great customer service, it was AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment